The 4th Inishowen Lecture will take place this weekend (Saturday, 15 September) in the Market, House, Clonmany on the Inishowen peninsula, Co. Donegal.
A talk on John Toland and the Archaeology and Toponymy of Inishowen by Dr Brian Lambkin and Dr Kay Muhr will feature among the programme of events. Toland himself hails from the neighbouring townland of Ardagh, a fact that is not forgotten locally.
Further information is available from the Lands of Eogain Facebook page. The full programme for the evening is described below:
Submit a Story
Got some news or an idea for a story that you would like to see covered here? We would love to hear from you. Articles and other material with a view to publication (including press releases) may be conveyed, by e-mail, to the Editor.
academic conferences Act of Settlement An Post ancient world anniversaries anti-semitism archaeology Barnham Goode Catholic Church centenaries project Christianity not Mysterious civil rights commemorations cosmology death Dr Ian Leask Enlightenment epitaphs events Freethinkers Day freethought Fyodor Dostoyevsky George Berkeley Giordano Bruno Google Doodle Gottfried Wilhelm Leibniz Herman Boerhaave Hippocrates history of philosophy Inishowen interviews Irish history Irish philosophy J.N. Duggan John Toland Jonathan Swift Jordi Morillas Judaism legacy Letters to Serena Lev Shestov life and times martyrs for science medicine milestones Pantheisticon philately philosophy philosophy of science Physic without Physician Pierre des Maizeaux Pliny the Elder podcasts political theory polls Putney rationalism religion Richard Mead Simon Luzzatto Sophia of Hanover Stephen H. Daniel Thomas Paine toponymy UNESCO United Nations Voltaire World Philosophy Day
- An Account of the Courts of Prussia and Hanover: Sent to a Minister of State in Holland by John Toland (The Manuscript Publisher, 2013)
- Letters to Serena by John Toland (Four Courts Press, 2013)
- Nazerenus by John Toland (Voltaire Foundation, 1999)
- Physic without Physicians byJohn Toland (The Manuscript Publisher, 2020)
- Reasons for Naturalizing the Jews in Great Britain and Ireland by John Toland (The Manuscript Publisher, 2013)